Welcome to Advantage Osteopractic Physical Therapy
We are here to help you enjoy your life, pain-free! To make a convenient appointment, simply call us today at (859) 263-8080 or click the “Request Appointment” button at the top of the page.
Our practice is dedicated to helping our patients identify the cause of their pain and creating a customized treatment program that will allow them to return to normal activities pain-free.
Before Your First Visit
- Make a list of questions that you have to discuss on your first visit.
- List signs and symptoms that may be of importance to the therapist.
- Have in writing key past medical history, previous treatments, current medications, and other important information.
- Please call our office to verify your insurance benefits, as we will handle this for you before you arrive.
- Fill out the patient forms to the best of your ability before coming in.
- Arrive 15 minutes early for your first appointment, as this gives us time to get your paperwork in order and discuss you insurance and payment options in advance prior to beginning treatment.
- Bring with you a copy of your insurance card and a photo ID.
What to Expect on Your First Visit
- You will register with our warm and friendly front office staff. They will help you navigate the insurance process and treatment program so you can focus on your recovery.
- You will meet with your physical therapist for the initial evaluation.
- During the evaluation your therapist will ask questions about your medical history, current pain, or injury. Open communication helps us understand your problem.
- Your movement, strength, coordination, and much more will be evaluated. Our purpose is to help you, so please ensure you communicate to your therapist if anything is hurting or bothering you during the examination.
- Your therapist will discuss and prepare a course of treatment to ensure the quickest recovery and the best results. Your therapist will discuss the recommendations with you so you are fully aware of the intended treatment plan.
- There may or may not be some treatments performed the first day to get you started on your road to recovery based on the initial examination findings. However, during the next visit you will get into the full swing of your treatment plan. Each visit will take approximately 60 minutes.
- You will schedule your series of visits with the front desk. The amount of therapy needed will be discussed with you, depending on the recommendations of your therapist. We offer many convenient appointment times, however prime times can become busy, so it is best to book ahead as much as possible.
- Your therapist will write up their findings and treatment plan to submit to your referring physician or other medical professional of your choosing.
- If you have any questions at anytime, please don’t hesitate to call. We want to ensure your satisfaction and full recovery.1